| 4 Day Program for 4-5 year olds
The Saint John Prekindergarten Program provides a Catholic Christian education with an optimal educational learning experience. Saint John Prekindergarten reflects the best learning practices in a comfortable and stimulating environment as well as fostering an atmosphere of Christian love and concern.
Our curriculum addresses cognitive, social, emotional, spiritual and physical development of the whole child. The Prekindergarten Program will:
- Provide students a sense of self-worth as one of God’s children while enhancing self-confidence and self-esteem in all learners.
- Encourage each student to express him/herself as an individual through language development and creativity.
- Provide opportunities for students to experience the fine arts through weekly art classes and music education.
- Include weekly opportunities for Library time, physical education, and cooperative activities with our all-day, everyday, Kindergarten Program.
- Encourage students to successfully function in a group of peers through cooperation, sharing, friendship and values.
- Connect the students to the Saint John School community thru inclusion in Holiday Parties, Christmas and Seasonal programs, and a Prekindergarten graduation celebration.
- Offer experiences that support and encourage emerging literacy
- Provide concrete experiences with learning activities and problem-solving
- Establish an environment that acknowledges and fosters the natural learning process, curiosity, and enthusiasm inherent in all young children.
- Establish an environment that nurtures and values the development of children as individuals
- Create an environment that acknowledges and continues the natural learning process, curiosity and enthusiasm inherent in all young children
- Model a cooperative and supportive partnership between children, teachers and parents, establishing a positive connection between school and family.
Saint John Prekindergarten is open to any student who is 4-5 years old and meets age and admissions criteria. State policy limits class size to no more than 14 students per class; however our classes are frequently smaller.
The 4-Day Preschool program is offered 4 half days on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week in a morning 7:45-10:45 a.m. class or 11:30-2:30 p.m. class that runs September through May. Parents/Grandparents are given the opportunity to help in the classroom as a teacher helper once or twice a month during class time. Although this is not a requirement for enrollment many families enjoy the opportunity to see their child learn and grow throughout the year in the classroom. This provides a unique experience for families that we believe enhances the Saint John Prekindergarten experience.